1.3

I applied to an I.T. position listed by Express Employment in Upstate NY. I found out later that there's 2 offices (one in Corning and the other in Ithaca) and they're totally separate (supposedly) and had to apply to both of them individually. The secretary for both offices called me up and told me that they had a Help Desk position available that matched my skill set and I want to both offices and went through the interview process and all that. Everything seemed fine and one of the staffers was a woman I worked with at a previous job so it seemed legit.

About two weeks pass and the Ithaca office never contacts me about the Help Desk position. The Corning office hounds me about references and somehow they couldn't get a hold of them, I pull some strings and manage to get those references to contact THEM and everything seemed okay. I've never had an issue with any company getting my references. However, the Corning office (after getting my references) then informs me that the Help Desk position is gone. And every time I've called in sense the secretary denies me from talking to the employment agent (who is the woman that I knew from a past job) and keeps telling me that they will contact me instead. But every time I talk to the agent she tells me there's blank jobs available and she'll submit me. I haven't been able to get in contact with her in 2 weeks now through phone or email.

The Ithaca office supposedly submitted me to a couple of industrial jobs not too far away from my skill set including one that involved credit card swipes or something like that (that's how the agent described the position to me). At this point it's the end of October, my unemployment benefits are long gone, and I need something to survive. So the Ithaca office kept pushing this job way below my skill set that pays $8.50 but I'm desperate and decide to take it. The agent who set up the job lied to me and told me that it was from 6AM to 2PM but when I got there it was actually 6AM to 4:30PM with MANDATORY over time. The agent described over time as voluntary.

I am not using this agency again. They employ classic bait and switch tactics and I think there's some sort of scam going on between the Ithaca office and the industrial job I have (which I will be leaving as soon as I have enough cash to cover my ***).

Horrible job. Horrible tactics. If they call you ignore them.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Misleading information.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 29, 2014.

Comments